I have been wondering why Samsung made an 8-inch Galaxy Tab 3 if there’s already a Galaxy Note 8 with better specs. Anyway, the device is one of the three new line of Tabs launched recently. The one available now on retail is the 3G version which has an SRP of P18,990.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 specs
- 1.5GHz dual core Exynos 4212 processor
- Mali 400MP GPU
- 1.5GB RAM
- 16GB ROM expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 8 inch TFT display (1280 x 800 pixels) 189 ppi
- Dolby Surround sound
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- 3G, HSDPA, WiFi hotspot , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n. DLNA, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared Port
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS support
- 4,450 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P18,990
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean compared to the older Android 4.1 Jellybean of the 7-inch variant
- Rear camera has flash and autofocus. I don’t remember any tablet having a camera flash.
- Better screen resolution
- Smooth and Fluid
- Above average battery
- Slower processor compared to Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Cheap plastic build. Usual Samsung.
- Expensive compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 which has better specs.
- Mediocre camera shots.