Yes! The Apple iPhone 5S is official! So what’s new? It still has the same design of the iPhone 5 (which is now officially discontinued) but many changes under the hood. First is the new Apple A7 processor which is 2x faster than the previous processor. A better camera, though its still the same 8 megapixel iSight camera, it has tons of cool new features improving the picture quality. But what’s interesting is the new fingerprint scanner feature called “Touch ID”. It is found on the home button right below the screen. Apple is also claiming improved battery life on the new iPhone 5S.
Apple iPhone 5S
- Dual Core Apple A7 processor
- PowerVR SGX543MP3 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16/ 32/ 64GB internal storage
- 4-inch IPS Retina Display (640 x 1136 pixels) 326 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner
- 8 megapixel rear facing iSight camera
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- iOS 7
The new iPhone 5S will come in three colors – silver, space gray, and gold. Price? Its surprising to know its still the same as the iPhone 5. According to Hong Kong’s Apple Online Store the iPhone 5S 16GB is HK$ 5,688 (P32,000), 32GB version HK$6,388 (P36,000) and 64GB HK$ 7,188 (P40,500).