MyPhone has just posted on their Facebook page that the MyPhone Vortex is now available for P12,388 in any Automatic Centre branches. The company has been posting teasers of the phone these past view days revealing the specs. This is the second smartphone from MyPhone that has an aluminum body. Let’s check it out.
MyPhone Vortex specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- PowerVR SGX 544 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 5 inch HD IPS LCD display (720 x 1280 pixels) 294 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 13 megapixel camera with Sony sensor autofocus, Back Side Illumination and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.1 Jellybean
- SRP: P12,388
The MyPhone Vortex is priced a little higher than its bigger 5.7 inch brother the Iceberg which is still at P11,988. I wonder why since the Iceberg has features not present with the Vortex like hand gestures and anti theft software. MyPhone didn’t also indicate when will the Vortex be available on MyPhone stores. I will definitely post a hands on review when I get a unit.