Last week I was loitering around SM North Edsa, the country’s biggest hub of gadgets. I saw a demo unit of the newly released O+ 8.16, the first 5.7-inch phablet made by O+ USA. I was able to play around it for a short while but before I give my impressions, here is a short rundown of specs.
O+ 8.16 specs:
- 1.2 GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT 6589 processor
- PowerVR SGX544 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD
- 5.7 inch IPS Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB On-The-Go
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Air Shuffle – Music, Photos, Camera, FM Radio
- 2,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P12,995
- Nice and comfortable to hold. As always, I love the soft matte finish of the device. Sadly, there’s no white variant. Sorry guys, I really have this infatuation on white gadgets. Small hands won’t like this phone.
- Stunning screen! Probably the best screen from a local branded smartphone.
- Icons on the UI on top of Android looks really cartoonish, more than cartoonish than LG’s UI. Well, if you don’t like it you can download a launcher from the Play Store.
- Great camera!
- I wasn’t able to test the battery since I only had about 30 minutes playing with it. But based on paper, the 2,500 mAh battery should last you for more than 10 hours of moderate usage.