Good news for Sony Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra owners. Sony announced the Android 4.3 Jellybean update is now rolling on these two devices.
Here are the new features brought about the update:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance and UI optimization and a smoother graphical experience
- Now with Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – Sony’s signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- Updates Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network and PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
The update will come depending on the country and the carrier of course. My friend who owns the Sony Xperia Z1 shown in the first picture said there’s no update as of this writing. So, just watch out for the update that would be coming anytime. Both phones will also be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat by January of 2014.
Filipino Tech Addict has reviewed both phones. Click the links below: