Globe’s Great Gadget Sale had a very successful first day yesterday. Congratulations! I was there to cover the event and I spotted a few recently launched smartphones now on sale only in the event. One of them was the MyPhone Cyclone, which is priced at P8,998 and now priced at P6,990. The kind people from lend me their demo unit and I was able to play around with it. Let’s have a quick refresher of the specs.
- 1.3GHz Quad Core MediaTek 6582M processor
- Mali 400 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via MircoSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
Here are my first impressions:
- The inclusion of MyPhone’s Clever Motion, a gesture based feature used to unlock the phone, browse pictures and take pictures by just waving your hand over the phone. It is a nice but gimmicky addition to the device.
- MyPhone reps showed pictures taken from the phone and they were above average. Pictures have good amount of exposure and detail.
- A very nice addition is the USB OTG capabilities and expandable memory. There are very few smartphones with these two together. Sometime if a phone has OTG, it doesn’t have expandable memory or vice versa.
- The phone’s display isn’t the sharpest but its very decent and has nice viewing angles.
- It shares some resemblance of the MyPhone A919i only without the Philippine Map at the back.