I have seen the LG G2 on countless occasions and playing it around for a few minutes. But I never had a chance to spend time with it. I bought the LG G2 last week by selling my daily driver, the Sony Xperia Z1. The Xperia was a good phone of course and I have seen its flaws too. Many blogs have praised the LG G2 and awarded it as “the Best Smartphone for 2013” like Yahoo Philippines Technostorm, Stuff.tv and even Unbox.ph. I want to experience it first hand so I bought it and will be using it as a daily driver. Now, let’s go with the unboxing and initial impressions.
LG G2 specs:
- 2.2GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- 5.2 inch HD IPS+ Display (1080 x 1920) 424 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 Megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2.1 Megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot, DNLA, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared Port
- Dolby Mobile sound enhancement
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P25,900
Package includes – box, unit, headset, USB, adapter, SIM opener
- It is surprisingly lightweight! I came from owning a Sony Xperia Z1 and since its made of metal and glass, there’s quite some heft to it.
- LG opted on putting the power button and volume rockers at the back. This will really take some getting used to.
- I really hate the back plate. Its shiny and fingerprint magnet.
- Beautiful screen!
That’s all for now. Full review coming in a few days! So far, I’m very much impressed! LG has definitely nailed it this time!