Its finally official! After all the buzz, the rumors, the leaked photos, the next big thing has been made official. Folks, the SAMSUNG GALAXY S5!
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has the same design from its predecessor, the Galaxy S4 with a few differences. It has a bigger screen at 5.1 inches, bigger body but thinner and lighter, water resistant and has a finger scanner. For those who complains about the S4’s below average battery life, the Galaxy S5 now has a bigger 2,800 mAh battery. Most of its specs – processor, screen resolution, and RAM are the same.
Samsung Galaxy S5 specs:
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB – WOW!!!
- 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 432 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- IP67 – water and dust resistant
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, image stabilization and LED flash
- 2 megapixel rear facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, WIFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Infrared Port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Nano SIM
- 2,800 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
Here is a hands on video from Samsung itself:
Here is a short comparison of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S5 from Pocketnow.com