Last Sunday, Gionee Smartphone Philippines has unveiled their latest flagship, the Gionee ELife E7. We had a chance to play around the said device and we would like to share our first impressions.
Gionee ELife E7 specs:
- 2.5GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AC processor (LTE variant)
- 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974 processor (3G variant)
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage
- 5.5 inch LTPS Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 400 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus
- LTE (on selected model), 3G, WiFi, WiFi Display, WiFi hotspot,
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi Display
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean with Amigo 2.0 UI
- SRP: P24,500 (LTE variant)
- Eye-candy colors! We do love the bright orange we got here.
- The phone has a unibody design made of high quality polycarbonate.
- Just like its predecessor, the Gionee ELife E6, it is extremely well built and elegant looking. It is pretty obvious that Gionee has paying been so much attention to details.
- Camera is impressive! UI is idiot-proof, pictures taken from its 16 megapixel rear facing camera is one of the best we’ve seen. Unfortunately, we were not able to send pictures via Bluetooth.
- We were expecting that the ELife E7 will be running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat but sadly, it is running Android 4.2 Jellybean. We noticed that the Amigo 2.0 UI on top of Android runs smoothly which is better than the ELife E6 of last year.
Now we’re exciting for the review unit! We are excited to put the phone to the test. Overall, we had good first impressions of the phone. It is indeed far better looking, gives better performance than some well know flagships.