Yesterday, Novo7 Tech, local distributor of THL smartphones, met with tech bloggers to introduce the THL T200 Cyborg. It is a 6-inch phablet powered by Mediatek’s 1.7GHz Octa-core processor. This is also the company’s answer to the Starmobile Diamond X1 which has the same 6-inch screen and Octa-core processor. We were able to play around with it for about 20 minutes and before we share our hands on experience, here’s a quick refresher of the specs.THL T200 Cyborg specs:
- 1.7GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6592 processor
- Mali 450MP4 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 6-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with One Glass Solution (1920 x 1080 pixels) 367ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony Blue lens camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB OTG (On-The-Go)
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 2,600 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P14,999
- Status: Available (with limited stocks) in Novo7 Tech stores, retailers and via Lazada and Kimstore
Design-wise, the phone is reminiscent of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with its curvy edges and metal trim on the sides. It is a bit thick but it is manageable holdling it with one hand. But you’ll need the other hand when you start using it.
The display was gorgeous. This is actually the first time that we had a hands on from a THL smartphone this long and we did notice its stunning display. The screen has noticeable cooler tone which we do like.
We were not able to fully test the phone’s Octa-core prowess due to our limited hands on time with it. But while playing around with it, we felt it performs faster than the quad core smartphones.
We saw some of the photos taken from its 13 megapixel rear camera and we were quite impressed with the picture quality. This is mainly because of the phone’s camera sensor is made by Sony. And if its from Sony. it must be good. Hehehe. 🙂
Bottomline, it is a strong contender against the Starmobile Diamond X1. But we have yet to get a hands on with Starmobile’s offering first before we decide on what to recommend. We think the THL T200 Cyborg’s best in class camera can even edge out the camera of other flagship smartphones.